The installation process for an Exchange 2016 mailbox server is demonstrated with explanations of the various questions asked during the installation process.
- [Instructor] Installing Exchange Server 2016…can be practiced with minimal planning.…But the actual deployment…of an Exchange Server in a production environment,…should only be done after careful planning…of the sites, DNS and Active Directory configurations,…and some consideration for links between sites.…With those plans in place…and the Active Directory preparations discussed previously,…you're ready to install an Exchange Mailbox Server.…
This server is a member server…in the landonhotels.com domain,…where all of the Active Directory preparations…have been completed.…There are a few Windows roles and features…that need to be installed…before Exchange Setup can be run.…Actually there are more than a few.…And when I'm installing Exchange,…I like to keep this txt file around…to make sure that I don't forget anything.…I've included this txt file…as an exercise file for this course.…And you'll notice that it also includes…the schema Active Directory…and domain preparation commands.…
This Install-WindowsFeature cmdlet…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring Active Directory (AD)
- Creating and configuring mailboxes
- Delegating mailboxes
- Mailbox and mailbox folder permissions
- Mail-enabled users
- Send as versus Send on Behalf
- Using public folders
- Managing public folder permissions
- RBAC versus AD split permissions
- Configuring user assignment policies
- Protecting Exchange content
- Message signing and encryption
- Troubleshooting IRM failure
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Active Directory (AD)
3. Other Mail-Enabled Objects
4. Role-Based Access Control
5. Protecting Exchange Content
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.