In this video, video how to create a standard user mailbox in Exchange 2019. There are many basic and advanced options in the properties that you need to address along with AD account creation.
- [Instructor] Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 … automatically creates the first user, … which is called Administrator, … when we installed our Exchange server. … But now we want to create additional mailboxes. … We're in the recipients tab on the left-hand side, … and at the top, you can see we're in mailboxes. … We'll start by clicking on the plus sign … and choose User mailbox, and a new box appears. … We need to put in an alias first. … Let's go ahead and type in JohnSmith, all one word. … We can choose an existing user … already in Active Directory … or we can create an Active Directory user … right from this box. … Let's do that. … We can see the display name … is going to be John Smith, … and if we click on Browse for the organizational unit, … we can choose which unit to put it in. … We'll just choose the default Users. … In this case, Users is not an organizational unit, … it's actually just a folder, … but it works as an organizational unit in this case. … Now we'll put in our user logon name. …
- Planning an Exchange Server deployment
- Installing Exchange
- Installing authentication certificates
- Configuring authentication methods
- Designing mail flow
- Configuring send and receive connections
- Configuring transport rules
- Creating database availability groups for HA
- Managing database cluster failover for HA
- Accessing Exchange using Outlook
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Planning for Exchange Deployment
2. Deploying the Client Access Services
3. Deploying Email Transport
4. Deploying High Availability
5. Command Line Setup Options
6. Deploying Mobile and Outlook Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.