This video demonstrates filters that can be configured in EMS or the EAC to block emails to users that don't exist or to restricted users and groups.
- [Instructor] Recognizing an IP address…of an offending SMTP server is one way to catch spam.…Watching for specific behavior patterns is another.…One thing that spam servers often do…is send email to a domain without knowing specific users.…This can show up as an email sent to users that don't exist,…as the spam server either…makes up user aliases in the domain,…or it sends messages to a wildcard at your email domain.…
Another spam strategy is to send messages…to distribution lists and mailboxes…that were designed for internal use only.…These tactics for distributing spam…can be countered with a couple of different tactics.…Exchange has a recipient filter that can be used…to block messages to specific recipients,…like internal lists.…It's enabled from the Management Shell…using the commandlet Set-RecipientFilterConfig…with the parameter of Enabled True.…
As you go through this course,…you've seen this warning message several times.…This serves as a reminder of things…that are already enabled by default.…Once the agent has been installed,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.