Learn how to block and allow connections with known SMTP servers by making entries in local IP block and allow lists and subscribing to IP block list providers.
- [Instructor] One of the first steps…in defending against spam is blocking messages…from email servers that you know are a problem.…There are a lot of SMT exploits out there…and that means there are a lot of infected SMTP servers.…If you can identify an offending email server by IP address…you can block any connections from that IP address…or range of IP addresses.…As the administrator for Landon Hotels,…I know that any number of guests in our hotels…could have an infected laptop.…
I also know that setting a firewall rule…to stop all SMTP traffic from that entire block of addresses…could end up registering some false positives…and infringe on some legitimate traffic…and create some upset clients.…One step that I might take in protecting…my exchange organization against spam from these machines…is add the range of IP addresses assigned to guests…as blocked IPs for my exchange organization…for inbound email messages.…
So here we are back on the edge transport server…where we installed the anti-spam agents…and what I'm going to do is type Add-IPBlockListEntry…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.