Preparations to survive a failover and plans to execute a switchover of Exchange servers both include these considerations of MX records and send/receive connectors.
- Every server takes a break once in a while.…Sometimes it's intentional, and sometimes it's not.…A dying hard drive, a bad stick of RAM, or a power supply…that's seen its last sunrise, doesn't usually come…with advanced warning and requires a bit of planning.…But so does the decision to move, replace,…or retire and exchange server.…The term failover refers to the unforeseen outages.…Preparing for these scenarios is accomplished using…the topics presented in this chapter.…
Multiple MX records in DNS will allow inbound email…from around the internet to flow in whichever…server didn't go down.…Creating send connectors for the internet…on multiple mailbox servers will allow you to continue…to send email when one server resigns without notice.…These measures, in concert with…the database availability groups that protect…mailbox databases will keep your mail flowing…through the most likely outages.…But it's been said that a backup…is only as good as your last restore.…
A failover plan is similarly only as good as your last test.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.