In this segment you will learn how to prepare your network for installing the Exchange Edge Transport role, including firewall rules and local network settings.
- [Narrator] Over the last couple of versions,…Microsoft has been combining some…of the server roles of Exchange…to reduce the number of servers needed…to run Exchange.…When version 2013 came out,…the hub transport role was absorbed.…And moving into version 2016,…the mailbox database server absorbed…not only the hub transport role,…but client access as well.…Now this provides great performance…and fault tolerance benefits,…but it does put all of our eggs in one basket.…
If this Exchange server,…with all of its data and entry points,…were to face the internet directly,…that would be a pretty attractive attack point.…Another Exchange server role…that cannot be added to the same server…as the mailbox database,…or the client access services,…is the Exchange transport role.…This role is intended to be installed…on a server that sits in the perimeter of your network,…and is basically comprised of a series…of send and receive connectors…between the outside world…and your Exchange mailbox server.…
Before we install the Edge Transport role,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.