In this video, learn how to install the Edge Transport role on a Microsoft Exchange 2019 server. The Edge Transport role is for an Exchange server that sits in a DMZ that protects direct access to an Exchange server from the outside.
- [Instructor] It's recommended … that the Edge Transport role be installed … in a perimeter network outside … of your organization's internal active directory forest. … While you can install the Edge Transport server role … on a domain join computer, … doing so will only enable domain management … of Windows features and settings. … The Edge Transport role itself doesn't use Active Directory. … Instead, it uses the Active Directory … Lightweight Directory Services. … This is a Windows feature … to store configuration and recipient information. … We can see from the graphic … that email comes in through the internet … and instead of connecting directly … to our internal Exchange server, … it goes through the firewall to the DMZ Exchange server … running the Edge Transport role. … It then goes back through the firewall … and down to the internal Exchange server. … This keeps people from having access directly … to our Exchange server … that holds all of the email from the internet. … Let's install the Edge Transport role …
- Planning an Exchange Server deployment
- Installing Exchange
- Installing authentication certificates
- Configuring authentication methods
- Designing mail flow
- Configuring send and receive connections
- Configuring transport rules
- Creating database availability groups for HA
- Managing database cluster failover for HA
- Accessing Exchange using Outlook
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Planning for Exchange Deployment
2. Deploying the Client Access Services
3. Deploying Email Transport
4. Deploying High Availability
5. Command Line Setup Options
6. Deploying Mobile and Outlook Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.