This demonstration of the installation of the Exchange 2016 Edge Transport role highlights DNS settings and the configuration of site-level edge synchronization.
- [Instructor] With all of the prerequisites in place,…we're ready to install Exchange Server 2016,…specifically as an Edge Transport server.…So here, I've added the DVD to this server,…and I'm going to just open this directory,…scroll down to the very bottom,…and double-click setup.…The very first thing we're prompted to do…is check the internet to see…if there are updates to this version of setup.…This is always worth doing.…If there aren't any updates, it will tell you very quickly,…so you won't really waste any time,…but if there is updated information…that will help this setup complete more quickly,…more completely, or more accurately,…you definitely want that.…
As we continue through, we're going to allow it…to copy the files, and I'm going to use default options…until we reach the screen…where we select the role for this server.…So I'm going to go ahead…and just move on through the introduction,…and after I accept the license agreement,…then I'm going to confirm…that I want to use the recommended settings,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.