Learn about some of the features discontinued in Exchange 2016, along with resources to understand and plan for these changes in your organization.
- [Narrator] Exchange server, like any other…piece of software, unveils new and enhanced…features with every new version.…Part of making products better, usually also…includes deemphasizing, or removing features…that conflict, create security concerns,…or just don't fit with the new product.…The only problem with this occurs when one…of these discontinued features seems to be…part of the glue that holds your organization together.…But there is usually a reason.…
For example, when spell-check was removed from Outlook…for the Web, I had coworkers that were very concerned.…The initial perception was that all of us that can't spell…were going to be flying without a net.…And using OWA would be like typing…our email messages in notepad.…It turns out, that most browsers have…spell-check features built-in at this point,…so keeping that feature in exchange as…web access mail client was unnecessary redundancy.…
Another example of a discontinued…feature, is RPC over TCP.…This was a connection protocol supported by…Exchange 2010 and used by older versions of Outlook.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.