At the end of this video, the student will learn how to choose the best method for backing up an Exchange Server 2016. The different strategies have varying costs and risks involved that the administrator should be aware of.
- [Instructor] When backing up…Microsoft Exchange Server 2016,…there are different strategies,…and they have varying costs and risks involved…that the administrator should be aware.…Let's take a look at some of the different options…for backing up Exchange and see…what Microsoft also recommends.…The first option when backing up Exchange…is the full option.…The full option backs up everything,…and at the end of the backup…the logs from Exchange also get flushed.…Now this is important, to have the transaction logs flushed,…otherwise they build up over time…and eventually will fill up the hard drive.…
So I recommend that you do run a full backup once a week,…or once a month at the very least…to keep your hard drive from filling up.…The next option is incremental.…Now, incremental works with the full backup.…When you back up the full backup…and the next day you back up in incremental backup…it just backsup the changes since the last full back up.…Likewise, the differential back up…does a very similar thing, but it does not reset…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from Exchange Server 2010 to 2013with David Elfassy2h 23m Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.