Learn about the process of connecting on-premises Exchange with Office 365, with some best practice tips on deploying and managing the hybrid environment.
- [Instructor] When we connect to the…on premise active directory to Azure,…using the Azure AD connect tool,…we saw the opportunity to configure the exchange…hybrid deployment within that same tool…and we could always go back and re-run that tool…to create that deployment here.…But there's more than one way to do it…and I'm going to show it from…the exchange admin center instead.…So here I am on a workstation,…logged into the exchange admin center…because it is just a secure website.…
I'm logged in as Leslie Richardson.…In a little bit, we'll see one of the benefits…of running this from a workstation rather than a server.…But more importantly, I'm logged in as Leslie…because Leslie's account is not only…an enterprise admin in the on param active directory,…but she's also the administrator of our Office 365 tenant.…So using one set of credentials…that has access to both environments has its payoffs.…
So from here in the admin center,…I'm going to select hybrid from the menu on the left…and before I click configure,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.