Learn how to manage the scheduling of rooms and other resource mailboxes in the admin center and OWA by assigning delegates and configuring various permissions.
- [Instructor] Resource mailboxes can be very helpful…for reserving and tracking rooms and equipment…in an organization.…One aspect of scheduling these resources…that you're going to need to configure…is how these reservations are approved.…Here I am in the admin center…on one of our exchange servers…where I have browsed to the list of resources…and I can see the conference rooms,…I can see the limo, and there's also a cargo van…that's been created.…I'm going to double click on the cargo van…and let's take a look at some of these properties.…
Off to the left, near the top of the list…is booking delegates.…And if I select that I can see the options…for approving the reservations of this resource.…The first option is to use a custom solution.…These custom settings can't be created here…but the other two options are available to us.…The second option is to have the resource…automatically accept or decline on a first come,…first serve basis.…This is the easiest, but it lacks one important feature.…
It doesn't grant an executive, or someone with a more…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring Active Directory (AD)
- Creating and configuring mailboxes
- Delegating mailboxes
- Mailbox and mailbox folder permissions
- Mail-enabled users
- Send as versus Send on Behalf
- Using public folders
- Managing public folder permissions
- RBAC versus AD split permissions
- Configuring user assignment policies
- Protecting Exchange content
- Message signing and encryption
- Troubleshooting IRM failure
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Active Directory (AD)
3. Other Mail-Enabled Objects
4. Role-Based Access Control
5. Protecting Exchange Content
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.