At the end of this video, the student will learn how to create several different types of mailboxes. Besides user mailboxes, the administrator can create resource mailboxes for rooms and equipment. This allows staff to check out a resource for a business purpose.
- [Instructor] When creating new mailboxes, there are…several options in Exchange Server 2016.…We can create a standard user mailbox,…a linked user mailbox which will cover in an upcoming video.…A room mailbox and a resource mailbox…also called an equipment mailbox.…The user mailbox is pretty self-explanatory…and is the default type of account…that a user would use.…
However, a room mailbox is a little bit different.…A room mailbox allows us to create a mailbox…for a conference room or other room…that a business would like to have a user reserve…and this room mailbox can be created to automatically…accept any invitations that gets sent to it…so a user doesn't have to monitor it.…An equipment mailbox is very similar,…all it does is create a mailbox for a piece…of equipment that someone may want to check out,…such as a television set or a camera.…
Something that may cost significant amount of money,…so not every employee in the company may have one…and they have to share it.…And this is one of those type of things…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.