At the end of this video, the student will learn how to create a distribution list in Exchange Server 2016. Distribution lists allow administrators to create objects that can be used to email multiple individuals using one address, and it is searchable in the global address list that is distributed to each user in Outlook and Outlook Web Access.
- [Instructor] When sending an email to a group of people,…you can individually fill in each name,…or you can email them all at once…using a common term of distribution list,…also known as distribution group.…Let's take a look in Outlook, and click on a New Email,…and if we want to send an email to Tom,…and we also want to send an email to Mary,…and we want to send an email to the Administrator.…
Well if you have 500 people you're trying to send…an email to that could be a real problem.…So what we can do in Exchange…is we can create a distribution group,…and we can send an email to all those folks all at once.…Let's go over to our Exchange admin center…and click on the recipients at the top left,…and then click on groups.…From here we'll click on the plus,…and we'll choose Distribution group.…
From here we're gonna give it a name,…and we'll just call it OfficeUsers,…and we'll keep it simple by calling our alias the same,…and then we'll go down the list…and we can see who's the owner of this particular group,…and by default it is the Administrator,…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.