In this video, learn how to set up an offline address book (OAB). An OAB is used to keep a local copy of the list users in your organization in Outlook. This allows faster access to the list of users without having to constantly communicate with the Exchange server.
- The new offline address book commandlet … allows administrators to create new OAB's. … For example, if you uninstall a mailbox server … that contains an offline address book … you may need to recreate it on another mailbox server. … By default, when we install Exchange … an offline address book is already created … and this is used by Outlook users … so they can see the list of … all the different addresses in the address book in Exchange … without having to be connected … to the Exchange server online. … Since it's a local copy to the user … it responds much more quickly … when you go to open it up. … We need to get in to Exchange Power Shell … so we'll go down to our start menu … choose Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 … and from here we'll open up Exchange Management Shell. … This is a special version of Power Shell … designed just to communicate with the Exchange Server. … We'll expand the box and … we will increase the size of the font … and then we'll type our command. … We start with the new dash offline address book. …
- Planning an Exchange Server deployment
- Installing Exchange
- Installing authentication certificates
- Configuring authentication methods
- Designing mail flow
- Configuring send and receive connections
- Configuring transport rules
- Creating database availability groups for HA
- Managing database cluster failover for HA
- Accessing Exchange using Outlook
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Planning for Exchange Deployment
2. Deploying the Client Access Services
3. Deploying Email Transport
4. Deploying High Availability
5. Command Line Setup Options
6. Deploying Mobile and Outlook Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.