In this video, learn how to configure transport rules in Exchange Server 2019. You can use Exchange mail flow rules, also known as transport rules, to look for specific conditions in messages that pass through your organization and take action on them before they reach a user’s mailbox.
- [Instructor] You can use Exchange mail flow rules, … also known as transport rules, … to look for specific conditions … in messages that pass through your organization … and you can take action on them. … Let's go to mail flow … and we'll click on rules. … Mail flow rules are very similar to the inbox rules … that are available in many email clients such as Outlook. … The main difference between mail flow rules … and rules you'd set up in a client application … is that mail flow rules take action … in messages while they're in transit … as opposed to after the message is delivered. … Let's choose to create a rule now. … We have a lot of different options … when we press the dropdown arrow. … The most common one is going to be to create a new rule. … We have some preset rules already in here … that we can choose just by clicking on them. … Let's choose the filter message by size. … We'll say toobigtosend. … So we're going to apply this rule … if the message size is greater than or equal to …
- Planning an Exchange Server deployment
- Installing Exchange
- Installing authentication certificates
- Configuring authentication methods
- Designing mail flow
- Configuring send and receive connections
- Configuring transport rules
- Creating database availability groups for HA
- Managing database cluster failover for HA
- Accessing Exchange using Outlook
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Planning for Exchange Deployment
2. Deploying the Client Access Services
3. Deploying Email Transport
4. Deploying High Availability
5. Command Line Setup Options
6. Deploying Mobile and Outlook Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.