At the end of this video, the student will learn how to configure mailbox permissions. This is not the same as delegating permissions to other email users. This is how to configure who, what size, and where email can be sent and received by a user so administrators can control mailflow.
- [Instructor] Configuring mailbox permissions is important…so mailbox size, access to certain features and…overrides can be accomplished as needed.…We're in the exchange admin center and we're…gonna go into the properties of a mailbox user,…and we're going to set up certain criteria…so that user can have certain rules set up…that the company has agreed upon.…So let's click on John,…and we're going to make some changes…to John's account so we can accommodate those rules.…
We are presented with the general tab…but we're going to go onto the next…option which is mailbox usage.…And one of our first options here is going…to be to set the mailbox size.…Now, we can use the default quota size…but if the default quota doesn't fit…for this particular user, we can either…make it larger or smaller than the default size.…So we can see that the default size here…is going to be two gigabytes.…Let's go ahead and set a custom quota for the mailbox.…And again, it's going to say two gigabytes,…and from here we're going to say that this…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.