This video explores the connectors that are changed in a coexistence environment. Internet send and SMTP relay connectors are demonstrated.
- [Instructor] Installing the first Exchange 2016 server…in an existing environment of 2010 or 2013 Exchange servers…is simple enough.…You'll follow the same procedure as if you were installing…the first Exchange 2016 server in a brand new…active directory environment.…You'll start by extending the active directory schema…using setup on your Exchange 2016 server DVD,…followed by preparing active directory.…Now notice on this active directory preparation…that we receive a notification that…no Exchange Server 2010 roles were found during this prep.…
Also notice, there is no such notice…about Exchange Server 2013.…Exchange Server 2013 was found during this active directory…preparation and has not been eliminated…from the support of this server.…And then you continue on to prepare the domain…and run Setup to install Exchange Server 2016.…And as we've discussed previously,…once you have an Exchange 2016 server in your…Coexistence environment,…it's important to have that server take point…on receiving mail including all messages from the internet.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.