This video demonstrates and explains how a federation gateway is created with Azure AD Authentication service, including configuring a TXT resource record in DNS.
- [Narrator] In the previous segment…we created the initial link between…our exchange organization and Azure AD.…And once this initial link is created…I can take the next step to prove…that I am the domain that I claim to be.…So let me close this prompt, as we get ready to start.…Now, I'm conducting this demonstration…in a test lab that cannot be found…from the public internet.…And that's going to limit us a bit…at the end of this configuration,…but it doesn't stop us from walking through it.…
Back on the organization tab of the admin center…under sharing, I can click on modify…to take that initial trust and give it more detail.…The first thing I need to do is specify…the domain that contains my exchange servers.…In a larger, active directory forest…this browsing may have a bit more to it.…But this actually works well for the demonstration.…Once I select that domain, a self signed certificate…is generated, and the hash value…of the certificate is given right here.…
This value is important.…The way I will prove my identity to Azure AD,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.