At the end of this video, the student will learn how to moderate email. Moderated email allows an administrator to approve any email that matches certain criteria. This allows the company to be saved from potentially damaging or embarrassing emails that may come in to a company’s email system.
- [Narrator] Sometimes, it makes sense to have a second set…of eyes on a message before the message is delivered.…As an Exchange administrator, you can set this up.…The process is called moderation,…and the approver is called the moderator.…Depending on which messages need approval,…you can use one of two approaches.…The first approach would be…creating a moderated distribution group.…So this allows us to create a distribution group…where email is sent to a group of users…in one distribution group container.…
In the group itself, before an email can get to it,…we can choose to have a moderator determine…whether or not the email should be delivered.…The second option would require approval…for messages that match specific criteria.…The options for this are vast.…You could have options such as who can send to a user.…Can an entire domain send to a user?…Can an attachment get sent to a user?…How big can that attachment be?…What type of attachment?…So we'll demonstrate these different options…when we get on to the next phase of the video.…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from Exchange Server 2010 to 2013with David Elfassy2h 23m Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.