In this video, learn how to choose an authentication method to allow users access to their Exchange account. Each method has an advantage and disadvantage. Each administrator should pick the right method for their Exchange environment.
- [Instructor] There are three different types … of authentication when it comes to authenticating users … to Exchange Server 2019. … The first would be OAuth 2.0 … which is just used for Exchange Online only. … The second would be NTLM … which is used for Exchange on-premises only, … and Basic which is no longer recommended … but still works in Exchange Server 2019. … Let's take a look at some of the advantages … and disadvantages of each authentication type. … OAuth is an industry standard authentication protocol. … Authentication is managed by a third party provider. … Your application does not have to collect … and store the Exchange credentials. … That means fewer worries for you … because your application only receives an opaque token … from the authentication provider. … Therefore, a security breach in your application … can only expose the token … and not the user's Exchange credentials. … There are, however, some disadvantages with OAuth. … OAuth relies on a third party authentication provider. …
- Planning an Exchange Server deployment
- Installing Exchange
- Installing authentication certificates
- Configuring authentication methods
- Designing mail flow
- Configuring send and receive connections
- Configuring transport rules
- Creating database availability groups for HA
- Managing database cluster failover for HA
- Accessing Exchange using Outlook
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Planning for Exchange Deployment
2. Deploying the Client Access Services
3. Deploying Email Transport
4. Deploying High Availability
5. Command Line Setup Options
6. Deploying Mobile and Outlook Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.