In this video, learn how to configure Send and Receive connectors in Exchange Server 2019. These connectors are critical to set up properly before mail flow will work in your new server. By default, they are not set up to do this and that will cause all inbound and outbound email to fail until doing so.
- [Instructor] Let's review and set up … our send and receive connectors … through the Exchange Admin Center. … We'll click on Mail Flow on the left hand side. … And let's start with the send connectors. … In a previous video, we set up … our default send connectors, … so let's just review how we set that up. … If we double click on it, … we can see the name is Default. … We can see that the connector status is enabled. … And we're not going to check … the Proxy Through Client Access Server. … However, that does come into play … with the receive connectors … that we'll talk about in a few minutes. … We can see, at this time, … the maximum send message size … is 35 megabytes, although you can go in … and change that default, if you'd like. … Let's click on Delivery. … And we see that we're choosing … the network settings of MX Record … Associated with the Recipient Domain, … which means we're just using … the public DNS information, … in order to send our email out to the internet. … If there was a smart host, …
- Planning an Exchange Server deployment
- Installing Exchange
- Installing authentication certificates
- Configuring authentication methods
- Designing mail flow
- Configuring send and receive connections
- Configuring transport rules
- Creating database availability groups for HA
- Managing database cluster failover for HA
- Accessing Exchange using Outlook
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Planning for Exchange Deployment
2. Deploying the Client Access Services
3. Deploying Email Transport
4. Deploying High Availability
5. Command Line Setup Options
6. Deploying Mobile and Outlook Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.