Active Directory sites and links are explained in this video. Site planning is introduced and the configuration of links in the Exchange Management Shell is demonstrated.
- [Instructor] Site Topology is an aspect…of Active Directory that's often forgotten or neglected…by people new to IT and even some who have been around…for a while but have managed only single site networks.…Active directory and exchange are designed to serve…larger organizations as well as small ones.…Part of doing this is managing traffic between locations.…To accomplish this active directory has included…an object called a site.…Each site has a name and assigned address space…and link information about connections to other sites.…
These sites need to be named and configured…as soon as they're created,…because attempting to change them later…is not supported by exchange or SQL or any number…of applications.…Here we are on the domain controller…and under the Tools menu of Server Manager,…I'm going to open Active Directory Sites and Services.…Here we see the Active Directory sites…that have been created and named…we can see the IP subnets that were created…and the sites they are associated with…and under inter-site transports IP…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring Active Directory (AD)
- Creating and configuring mailboxes
- Delegating mailboxes
- Mailbox and mailbox folder permissions
- Mail-enabled users
- Send as versus Send on Behalf
- Using public folders
- Managing public folder permissions
- RBAC versus AD split permissions
- Configuring user assignment policies
- Protecting Exchange content
- Message signing and encryption
- Troubleshooting IRM failure
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Active Directory (AD)
3. Other Mail-Enabled Objects
4. Role-Based Access Control
5. Protecting Exchange Content
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.