This demonstration of the antimalware rules shows how to control what Exchange does when it encounters malware. Weaknesses in server antimalware are also discussed.
- [Instructor] The bulk of this chapter on message hygiene…has been about spam…which is more of an annoyance than a problem…until you factor in high volume.…Viruses and other types of malware are a different story.…One piece of ransomware, writing in as an email attachment,…can ruin everyone's day in a hurry.…When I think of malware threatening an exchange server,…two completely separate threats come to mind.…The threat of malware attacking the exchange server itself…really has little to do with the transport services…and other functions of exchange.…
The steps to protect against this kind of threat…are the same as any other server…or workstation for that matter.…What we're exploring in this segment is the threat…of a piece of malware entering your mailbox database…as an attachment to an email.…Your server antivirus can't detect this…because it isn't in memory and it doesn't reside…in the types of files that those utilities can scan.…These treats will likely arrive encrypted…and place themselves directly into the mailbox database,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.