The first steps of spam control are demonstrated in this video as the antispam agents are installed by PowerShell script in the Exchange management shell.
- [Instructor] One of the biggest battles…that you will fight as an email administrator is spam.…While no single spam email poses any real threat,…left unchecked your users' inboxes will become flooded…with unwanted email.…Much of which, you could have filtered out upfront.…The anti-spam features of Exchange Server…are not enabled by default.…And they can't be found anywhere…in the web-based admin center.…Everything about the spam filters needs to be configured…from the management shell, and it should be done on…the exchange server that can provide these services…to the most users.…
In our scenario, that would be the Edge Transport server.…So here I am on the Edge Transport server…that we have configured for the Landon Hotels…corporate email organization.…And I'm going to go ahead…and open the exchange management shell.…And what we're going to run…is a script that is not pre-loaded into the shell.…So to start off, I'm going to need…to browse to the folder where that script is kept.…Because there are spaces in the path,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.