In this video, learn how to add an additional administrator to Exchange. This allows more administrators to be able to add mailboxes or make changes to Exchange without using the administrator password. This means fewer people will use the main administrator account, which is good for security.
- [Instructor] Sometimes being an exchange administrator … of one or more servers can be an overwhelming task … and we'd like to spread that around … to some other junior administrators, … so they can help us out without … being full blown exchange administrators. … If we go to permissions in Exchange admin center, … we see admin roles as an option … and we see a list of various different manager roles … that does not include all … of the different administrative tasks, … so for instance, if we wanted to assign one … of our administrators to be a compliance manager, … but not have full administrator rights … to exchange, we can do that here. … We'll highlight the Compliance Management … and click the edit pencil. … Now, we have a list of the different roles … that this particular compliance management rule … will allow the administrator to do. … If we scroll back up, we can see a little description … that tells us that the compliance management role … is going to be responsible for compliance …
- Planning an Exchange Server deployment
- Installing Exchange
- Installing authentication certificates
- Configuring authentication methods
- Designing mail flow
- Configuring send and receive connections
- Configuring transport rules
- Creating database availability groups for HA
- Managing database cluster failover for HA
- Accessing Exchange using Outlook
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Planning for Exchange Deployment
2. Deploying the Client Access Services
3. Deploying Email Transport
4. Deploying High Availability
5. Command Line Setup Options
6. Deploying Mobile and Outlook Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.