At the end of this video the student will learn how to add an additional administrator to Exchange. This allows more administrators to add mailboxes or make changes to Exchange without using the administrator password. This means less people using the main administrator account which is good for security.
- [Narrator] Let's take a look…at adding additional administrators to Exchange.…This allows administrators to add mailboxes…or make changes to Exchange…without using the administrator password.…This means less people using the main administrator account,…which is good for security,…and also helps share the load of managing Exchange.…If we click on Permissions on the left…and Admin Roles at the top in the Exchange Admin Center,…we can see lots of different options for adding an admin.…Let's take a look at Compliance Management…and click the Edit option.…
Inside here, we see all the different sub-roles…that Compliance Management has,…such as Data Loss Prevention, Information Rights Management,…Viewing the Logs, and various other options.…We also see that there's no members in this group.…That's because we only have one administrator right now,…and that administrator is in a different group.…Let's click Cancel,…and let's take a look at Organization Management.…And Edit.…
And if we scroll down,…we see the only member is the administrator.…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from Exchange Server 2010 to 2013with David Elfassy2h 23m Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.