In this video, learn how to run the preparation commands and install features to Exchange Server 2019. Exchange 2019 requires minimum levels of Active Directory versions in order to install properly.
- [Instructor] Exchange Server 2019 … incorporates itself into Active Directory … in a Windows Server environment. … So we need to prepare Active Directory … prior to the Exchange installation … even if you have an older version already installed. … We're in a domain controller right now … in the techpub.us domain, … and our computer name, which is our domain controller's … called DC1, as you see at the top of the screen. … If we go down to our File Explorer, … we can see that the D drive has our DVD … for the Exchange Server 2019. … I will open up a command prompt, … and from here we're going to switch over to our D drive. … Now we'll type the following command, … setup.exe, then forward slash, … IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms, … and then another forward slash, PrepareSchema. … We'll hit enter, … and we'll see the unattended setup is starting. … It's first going to copy the files over, … and then it's going to prepare our schema. … Now that we've prepared the schema, … let's prepare Active Directory …
- Planning an Exchange Server deployment
- Installing Exchange
- Installing authentication certificates
- Configuring authentication methods
- Designing mail flow
- Configuring send and receive connections
- Configuring transport rules
- Creating database availability groups for HA
- Managing database cluster failover for HA
- Accessing Exchange using Outlook
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Planning for Exchange Deployment
2. Deploying the Client Access Services
3. Deploying Email Transport
4. Deploying High Availability
5. Command Line Setup Options
6. Deploying Mobile and Outlook Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.