Instructor Josh Rischin shows how to tell when you're using Excel Online.
- [Instructor] Let's take a quick tour of Excel Online. Excel Online is an Office 365 app that comes standard with every Office 365 subscription. Let's go to the very top left of the screen an open up Excel Online. Once open what you'll notice on the left hand side are recently used files and predefined templates off to the right. In this case let's go ahead and create a new blank workbook. Once Excel Online is open we can quickly and easily change the file name by clicking at the very top of the screen, and in this case I'm going to type in MyFile and hit enter on the keyboard.
Now let's type in some dummy text, in this case This is my first COL workbook. We can quickly and easily change the sheet name by double clicking on sheet one and I'm just going to type in RawData and hit enter on the keyboard. We can very easily create a new sheet by clicking on the plus and in this case double click on sheet one and I'm going to type in RawData2. And hit enter on the keyboard. Let's go back to the very first worksheet. We have menus and we have options to change Excel Online features. In this case I'm just going to go ahead and select this font color red and that changes the font from black to red.
And there you have it, that's a brief tour of Excel Online.
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Excel desktop app, but are new to the web browser version, Excel Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Excel Online. For basic Excel guidance, please see Learning Excel 2016 or Excel 2016 Essential Training.
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating charts
- Designing forms and surveys