Instructor Josh Rischin provides a brief tour of the Excel Online collaboration features.
- [Instructor] Excel Online has some…powerful features for collaborating.…However, before we start using them,…make sure your workbook is ready to share.…The last thing that we want is for other users…to start contributing to an incomplete workbook.…If you'd like to follow along, open up XOL Collab.…Under the Review tab, the first thing that you will notice…is an Accessibility Checker.…This ensures that the workbook is ready for use…by people with disabilities.…Also, under the Review tab,…you have the ability to add a new comment,…and we can just type in New comment.…And this enables us to add comments…to any cell that we would like in the workbook,…and note that other users with access to the file…will be able to do the same thing.…
And finally, we can easily share the workbook…with other people by clicking on Share…in the top right of the screen,…and this enables us to share the workbook with people…for either read or edit access.…That is just a brief tour…of Excel Online's collaboration features.…
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Excel desktop app, but are new to the web browser version, Excel Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Excel Online. For basic Excel guidance, please see Learning Excel 2016 or Excel 2016 Essential Training.
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating charts
- Designing forms and surveys