Receive a quick overview of the many different ways an investor could invest in real estate.
- Hey, welcome back.…In this section we are going to go over the various ways…that an investor could invest in real estate,…from direct, indirect,…and active to passive ways of investing.…And how you should invest in real estate…will largely depend on these factors,…your financial situation,…for example, your resources available for investing,…your access to capital and financing,…and your investment goals and risk profile,…your skill level,…and the current economic status,…as well as where we are in the real estate cycle.…
We'll go over the major options in this section,…so you'll get a overview of what's available to you,…and where you might find yourself gravitating towards.…Everybody has a different preference.…There isn't one right way to invest,…but there are ways to find strategies…that are better suited for each particular investor…given their personal situation.…All right, let's dive in.…
Note: This course uses data and example properties from the United States, but the concepts taught and tools provided are just as useful for any market.
- Determining if real estate investment is right for you
- Choosing a market and a property
- Using financing
- Strategies for first-time investors
- Real estate market cycles
- Valuing a property
- Analyzing your market
- How leverage impacts investments
- Real estate investment case studies
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Excel: Analyzing and Visualizing Cash Flowswith Curt Frye1h 16m Intermediate
Learning Real Estate Photographywith Scott Hargis3h 21m Beginner
Managing Your Personal Investmentswith Jane Barratt1h 31m Appropriate for all
Start here3m 29s
1. Case Study: Joe's First Investment
2. The Many Ways to Invest in Real Estate
3. Real Estate Market Cycles
4. How to Value a Property
5. Understanding Your Market
6. What Makes a Good Investment?
7. Understanding Leverage
8. Case Study: Rental Income Property Analysis
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.