A detailed look at the amortization calculator.
- Hey guys, in this lecture, we're going to take a look…at the loan amortization calculator…or loan amortization schedule.…This is a file that you see in front of me right now…that you can download.…It is associated with this lecture,…so download it right now, and you'll see…what is in front of me.…And I want to walk you through what's in here,…and how you can use it for your own needs.…So here, take a look at the cells that are in blue here.…These are the only cells you need to edit…to see how this calculator works.…
So for an amortized loan, remember,…we need to have an actual loan amount,…or known as the principle, that's how much you borrowed,…the interest rate, the term of the loan in years,…and then say, a starting first payment date,…and this one, you can leave it as is,…or you can put in a date, but if you put in a date,…it'll give you the nice date of the payments…for all the other payments, so this one…is not necessary for the calculations,…but it's better for you to match it up…according to what you're looking at.…
Note: This course uses data and example properties from the United States, but the concepts taught and tools provided are just as useful for any market.
- Determining if real estate investment is right for you
- Choosing a market and a property
- Using financing
- Strategies for first-time investors
- Real estate market cycles
- Valuing a property
- Analyzing your market
- How leverage impacts investments
- Real estate investment case studies
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Excel: Analyzing and Visualizing Cash Flowswith Curt Frye1h 16m Intermediate
Learning Real Estate Photographywith Scott Hargis3h 21m Beginner
Managing Your Personal Investmentswith Jane Barratt1h 31m Appropriate for all
Start here3m 29s
1. Case Study: Joe's First Investment
2. The Many Ways to Invest in Real Estate
3. Real Estate Market Cycles
4. How to Value a Property
5. Understanding Your Market
6. What Makes a Good Investment?
7. Understanding Leverage
8. Case Study: Rental Income Property Analysis
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.