Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Working in the Visual Basic editor, part of Learning VBA in Excel (2010).
When you write or edit VBA code in Excel, you'll do so using the Visual Basic Editor.…The editor gives you all the tools you need to manage your code effectively.…There are two ways to open the Visual Basic Editor in Excel.…If you've already recorded or written a macro, you can display the Macro dialog box.…In the Macro dialog box, you just click the macro you want to examine, click…Edit, and the Visual Basic Editor appears.…Now, I'll close the Editor.…I did that using a keystroke, and now I'll tell you how I did that.…To display the Visual Basic Editor in the same configuration that you left it, press Alt+F11.…
If you're in a workbook that contains no macro code, the Visual Basic Editor…will open, but there will be no window.…The Visual Basic Editor displays the Project Explorer panel on the left, here,…with references for every worksheet and the workbook itself.…If you don't see the Project Explorer panel, you can display it by clicking the…Project Explorer button on the Standard toolbar, which is here, or by pressing…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
Excel 2016: Power Query (Get & Transform)with Oz du Soleil1h 49m Intermediate
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.