Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with PivotTables using keyboard shortcuts, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- One of the additions to PivotTables in Excel 2016…is the ability to control your PivotTables…using keyboard shortcuts.…In this movie, I will show you how to…get at the ribbon commands that relate…to PivotTables using your keyboard.…As my sample file…I will use the Keyboard excel workbook.…And you can find that in the chapter 8 folder…of your exercise files collection.…Unlike keyboard shortcuts such as…CTRL+S that save a file…you can use the ALT key to access the ribbon…and then use subsequent key presses…to select different ribbon elements.…
For example, if I press the ALT key and release it…then I see various letters and numbers appear…that represent different ribbon elements.…For example I can press F…to display the backstage view…and click the Go Back button.…Now, because I didn't use my keyboard…I need to press ALT again…and because I have a cell in the PivotTable selected…you can see on the ribbon…that I can access the Analyze contextual tab…by pressing JT and the…design contextual tab by pressing JY.…
So I'll go ahead and press JT…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.