Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with MROUND, CEILING, and FLOOR for specialized rounding, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Mastering Formulas and Functions.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In addition to the basic rounding functions…called Round, RoundUp and RoundDown,…Excel has some other rounding functions…that allow us to round values…that are not necessarily decimally oriented amounts.…In column C we've got some new pricing here…based on the Round function.…We simply want to take the calculation here…and round to the nearest two decimals.…Now, we can see the different current prices here…and the adjusted prices here.…Let's say we have a specialized need though.…
We might want to make sure…that these are always ending in nine.…It's not uncommon to see prices ending in nine,…sometimes 95 or something like that.…But it's a little bit different from ending in nine,…but still, we have that kind of pricing scheme…that we see in different places.…Suppose we want these all to end in nine.…What we could do, is round these…to the nearest dime or ten cents.…That's one decimal.…So if I simply make that change, I'll change this to a one.…In the first example, we won't see any difference really,…but some of the others now,…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.