- [Instructor] Excel for Office 365…has a valuable new feature.…It's an analytical tool,…and it's called Ideas.…A feature introduced in previous versions of Office 365,…and originally called Insights.…The feature was enhanced and renamed in late 2018…as Ideas, and it's located on the Home tab.…Far right button.…As we slide over the button,…we see the description.…It is a preview feature, meaning it will be upgraded…at different times.…Discover more about your data.…
Ideas looks for patterns in your data…that it can use to create intelligent,…personalized suggestions.…For the most part, we're likely to see suggestions…that are either charts or PivotCharts.…On this worksheet called Ideas,…in our chapter seven charting file,…we've got data in columns A through G.…This is transaction type data.…It's about 900 rows.…We could either highlight it all,…but since it is surrounded by empty cells…and worksheet boundaries,…we can simply click within it.…And then as we click the Ideas button,…Excel will analyze all that contiguous data,…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.