Adding pre-built shapes to a presentation is not new to PowerPoint 2016, but what you can do with shapes after adding them to a slide has been improved from PowerPoint 2010 to 2016. In this movie, you will know how to add multiple shapes to a slide and use the new Merge Shapes option to create custom shapes of your own.
- [Voiceover] Perhaps you worked with shapes…in PowerPoint 2010.…Well the shapes that we work with here…in PowerPoint 2016 are the same.…What's new is what you can do with them after the fact…and that's what we're going to explore in this movie…as we continue working with…our Landon Hotel presentation 0404.…If you're catching up, we're on slide two.…And let's say we want to highlight one of these images…by creating our own version of an asterisk.…Well we can do that with shapes.…Let's go first with the Home tab of the ribbon selected…to the drawing group over here…because there is a drop-down for inserting shapes.…
We don't have to go to the Insert tab on the ribbon.…We can get them right from here…and we'll start with a basic shape, an oval.…Give it a click.…Now to create a perfect circle,…we'll hold down the Shift key first and then click…and drag across and down to create our perfect circle,…release the mouse button before the Shift key…and it will stay a perfect circle like that.…Now we're going to add an additional shape.…
- Describe when you would use Touch mode.
- Explain how to use the navigation pane to search a document.
- Name the tool that converts older versions of templates to new versions.
- Cite the tool that allows you to create charts quickly.
- Recall how to separate data from one column into two columns.
- Describe the features of Presenter view and explain when you would use it.
- Explain sneak peek and when you would use it.
- Cite the pane where you can get weather updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.