The user interface in Outlook 2016 has changed dramatically from Outlook 2010. In this movie, you will know how to navigate the flatter, cleaner, ribbon based user interface while working with messages in the email view. You will also know how to customize the UI by changing view options to show and hide content to better suit your needs.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] If you're migrating…from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016,…you're going to notice some big changes…to the user interface, so we're going to…spend a little time now getting you acquainted…in your new surroundings.…And we're gonna do it while focusing on email,…so down at the left-hand corner you'll notice…a little envelope icon, which should be selected…if you're following along with me.…That's how we access our email.…You'll also see icons for the calendar,…contacts, to-do list, and more.…In fact, as you hover over those,…you get a sneak peek at each.…
If you want to sneak a peek at your calendar,…you can just hover over it without having to switch to it.…I like that feature.…But this is where we're going to do…our tour of the user interface…with the envelope icon selected, or email.…Now, down the left-hand side is the folder pane.…I like to call it the navigation pane,…for navigating my various folders, my inbox,…things I've sent in my outbox, any groups.…You might see favorites at the top.…You can add to this favorites area.…
- Understanding the user interface changes
- Exploring Touch mode
- Maintaining compatibility with older versions of Office
- Opening and editing PDF files in Word
- Creating Excel charts quickly
- Exploring presentation themes in PowerPoint 2016
- Migrating email to Outlook 2016
- Using Outlook notes
Skill Level Beginner
Office 2016 and Office 365 New Featureswith David Rivers46m 29s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.