The user interface in Outlook 2016 has changed dramatically from Outlook 2010. In this movie, you will know how to navigate the flatter, cleaner, ribbon based user interface while working with messages in the email view. You will also know how to customize the UI by changing view options to show and hide content to better suit your needs.
- [Voiceover] If you're migrating…from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016,…you're going to notice some big changes…to the user interface, so we're going to…spend a little time now getting you acquainted…in your new surroundings.…And we're gonna do it while focusing on email,…so down at the left-hand corner you'll notice…a little envelope icon, which should be selected…if you're following along with me.…That's how we access our email.…You'll also see icons for the calendar,…contacts, to-do list, and more.…In fact, as you hover over those,…you get a sneak peek at each.…
If you want to sneak a peek at your calendar,…you can just hover over it without having to switch to it.…I like that feature.…But this is where we're going to do…our tour of the user interface…with the envelope icon selected, or email.…Now, down the left-hand side is the folder pane.…I like to call it the navigation pane,…for navigating my various folders, my inbox,…things I've sent in my outbox, any groups.…You might see favorites at the top.…You can add to this favorites area.…
- Describe when you would use Touch mode.
- Explain how to use the navigation pane to search a document.
- Name the tool that converts older versions of templates to new versions.
- Cite the tool that allows you to create charts quickly.
- Recall how to separate data from one column into two columns.
- Describe the features of Presenter view and explain when you would use it.
- Explain sneak peek and when you would use it.
- Cite the pane where you can get weather updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.