Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with mail, part of Office for iPad and iPhone Essential Training (2014).
- [Voiceover] To access your mail…from wherever you are in Outlook…tap the mail icon on the bottom of the screen.…Right now it's in blue,…so I can tell that I'm in my inbox.…Currently I'm in my focused inbox,…as focused in underlined in blue…in the top left hand side of the screen.…If you are a Gmail user it's similar…to what Gmail considers important email.…Outlook filters out newsletters or bulk email…and knows when you get an incoming email…from someone in your contact list.…In the previous video I showed you…how to disable this feature in settings…if you don't want to use focused inbox.…
To the right of the word focused…tapping other will bring me to my newsletters…and any other message that Outlook…doesn't think is critical.…Once I'm done reading those emails…I can tap to get back to my focused inbox.…There's some other things I can do.…I can tap filter on the far right hand side…and view just my unread messages,…messages I flagged, which I'll show you how to do,…and any messages that have files attached to them.…
- Installing Office for iPad
- Exploring the interface
- Creating new documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Changing the page layout in Word
- Inserting pictures and charts in Excel
- Adding slide transitions in PowerPoint
- Collaborating in Office for iPad and iPhone
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2014. What changed?
A: We added new movies and updated existing ones to include the new Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps for iPhone as well as discuss Dropbox integration. While most of the course was filmed on an iPad, the apps work very similarly on both the iPad and iPhone. Also check out the Office for iPhone First Look course to explore which editing features are available to all users and which require an Office 365 subscription.
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Word for iPad
2. Excel for iPad
3. PowerPoint for iPad
4. Outlook for iPad
4. Collaborating with Office for iPad
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.