Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Why data mining?, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack in Depth.
…Data Mining, Predictive Analytics.…Data mining techniques can be used in virtually all business applications,…answering various types of business questions.…In truth, given the software available today, all you need is the motivation and…the know-how.…In general, data mining can be applied wherever something could be known but…is not.…The problems addressed.…What problems or services should you offer to your customers?…Generating recommendations is an important business challenge for…retailers and service providers.…
Customers who are provided appropriate and…timely recommendations are likely to be more valuable.…Because they purchase more, and more loyal.…Because they feel a stronger relationship to the vendor.…For example, if you go to online stores such as Amazon.com or…Barnes & Noble to purchase an item, you are provided with…recommendations about other items you may be interested in.…These recommendations are derived from using data mining,…to analyze purchase behavior of all the retailer's customers and…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.