This video helps you understand when and why to use Power Query and Power Pivot (that is, when you are dealing with very large data sets, need to blend data across multiple tables, and so on).
- [Instructor] Let's wrap up this intro section…by just reviewing when to use Power Query and Power Pivot.…So, you should use these tools when you want to…analyze more data than can fit into a worksheet.…So more than a million rows of data.…Create connections to databases, or external sources.…Blend data across multiple large tables.…In other words build a data model.…Automate the process of loading, and shaping your data.…And finally if you want to unleash…the full business intelligence capabilities of Excel.…
All of these are great reasons…to use Power Query, and Power Pivot.…With that we've got a quick homework assignment,…and then we're on to Power Query.…
- When to use Power Query (Get & Transform or Get Data)
- When to use Power Pivot
- Working with the Query Editor
- Options for loading data in Excel
- Working with text-specific and number-specific query editing tools
- Creating a rolling calendar with Power Query
- Grouping and aggregating data with Power Query
- Modifying Excel workbook queries
- Merging and appending queries
- Pivoting and unpivoting data with Power Query
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Set expectations1m 46s
2. Intro to the Power Excel Series
The power Excel workflow3m 50s
3. Power Query
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.