Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- What you should know.…The knowledge requirements in the course.…We do not use statistics in this course,…nor do we explain them.…Now let me explain what I mean by we don't use them.…Statistics are used in the algorithms that run the…data mining, but we don't go in and examine the statistics,…nor do we explain them.…If you want to know what they are, Microsoft has a number…of resources that you can go in and look and they will…give you the math that they are based on.…This course should be considered just a starting point.…
Here we're going to introduce you to the land…of data mining, and the algorithms that are available,…and then we'll move you on over into Excel and you'll…actually be using those data mining algorithms.…By the way, because we are going to be working in Excel…so much you should be comfortable in Excel…before you start this.…The course flow.…We start out with data-mining concepts, we have a number…of topics that we cover in data-mining concepts,…and these are lectures.…But if you don't understand these concepts, when we get into…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.