Use Excel tables for instant formatting, intuitive sales data entry, and an automatic Total Row that works with filters.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course in templates…and importing data, we've been working with Excel tables.…But what exactly are tables?…Tables are dynamic data containers that automatically…adjust as you add or remove data.…This becomes incredibly important when you think…about creating reports that can automatically adjust…to the amount of data that you have at any given period.…With tables, there's no need to…manually adjust anything.…A table doesn't care if it's 500 rows one week…or a 1,000 the next week.…So you don't need to worry about that dynamic.…You let the Excel table handle it for you.…And it does it all internally so you don't to even…bother looking to see how big or how small it is.…
Tables take care of all that for you.…Tables can be quickly formatted with their own…set of styles including alternate row shading…called banding like you see here.…There's some other table elements that we'll show…you in just a second.…First, I'm gonna click on the raw data sheet tab…that has data from a csv file that we copied…
- Using, modifying, and sharing templates
- Importing data from a database
- Cleaning up data
- Refreshing queries
- Pasting data
- Sorting and filtering tables
- Using slicers
- Adding a dynamic commission calculation
- Using conditional formatting
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a leaderboard
- Create period, monthly, and yearly summaries
- Creating dashboards
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Templates
2. Importing Sales Data
3. Working with Tables
4. Analyzing Sales Data
5. Build Awesome Sales Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.