Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video What do you want to know about your business?, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…What do you want to know?…That's the purpose or the question that you always ask before you…spend all this time and money on creating a multi-dimensional data warehouse.…You have to know what questions you're going to ask, because that's the goal.…Also, you might ask yourself, well, can't I just query a database and…come up with the answers?…And truthfully, yes you could.…The reason you would do a data warehouse rather than additional,…a traditional database is speed.…With a data warehouse, when you asked the questions or…queries, the answers come back extremely fast.…
Whereas with a traditional database, the queries or…the answers would come back much slower.…With queries, they often lead to other queries.…So if you had a time delay, it would just add to together.…So we're going to spend all this effort to develop this to…get you that information fast.…Developing your data warehouse.…What we're going to do is we're going to walk through the tools from the bottom of…the stack.…That is, we're going to look at the data source and…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.