Explores the functions, commands, and techniques in Excel that quickly restructure data, remove unwanted characters, convert date data into the desired format, and prepare data for efficient analysis.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Dennis Taylor and I'm pleased to present Cleaning Up Your Excel Data. This course is designed to confront the myriad of problems associated with stream lining your data, by providing quick, easy to use solutions. First, we'll look at how to readjust column row placement with simple dragging techniques for easy viewing of all of your data. Then we'll examine how to transpose and adjust data using tools like find and replace and text to columns. And we'll also look at how to take full advantage of powerful text functions to deal with unwanted spacing and formatting issues, as well as, text to value or value to text conversions.
So, let's get started with Cleaning Up Your Excel Data.
- Moving or inserting rows and columns of data with a simple drag
- Using Text to Columns
- Harnessing the Find and Replace command to replace data at the character level
- Dealing with special characters and wildcards during search
- Converting dates with text functions
- Converting text data to values/numbers
- Checking and correcting spelling mistakes
- Splitting data into multiple columns via the Text to Columns feature
- Combining data from different columns via concatenation
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Where can I learn more about Excel formulas?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting Excel formulas on lynda.com.