Spells out the design considerations and tools needed for creating a database in Excel.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Dennis Taylor, and I'm pleased to present Setting Up Tables, Lists, and Databases in Microsoft Excel. In this course, I'll show you the best techniques for structuring data efficiently, and coherently. We'll look at how to set up a form for when you need to view data on a record by record basis. We'll show you how to display your data as a table, to provide structure and tools for more efficient layout, and we'll also show you the powerful data validation command to ensure the data will be entered more accurately, and with this powerful pick list technique, be entered much faster, as well.
Let's get started with Setting Up Tables, Lists, and Databases in Microsoft Excel.
- Understanding database design concepts
- Using the Text to Columns feature
- Creating fields
- Using tables
- Adding total fields
- Formatting tables with the Design tab
- Using the Form tool to build and view data
- Using data validation to restrict data entries