Use the data validation tools in Excel to control how users can input data into workbooks and ensure data is entered consistently and accurately.
- Hi I'm Dennis Taylor and welcome to Excel 2010 Data Validation In Depth. If you need your data to be accurate, and you want to enter it quickly, then this is the right course for you. I'll be showing you how to limit the types of numbers you can enter and how to set up error and warning messages. We'll look at drop-down lists as a way to ensure valid data entry and save a lot of typing effort and we'll examine methods for controlling the entry of date/time information, as well as limiting the length of text entries.
These are quick and easy ways to greatly increase data accuracy. Let's get to it with Excel 2010 Data Validation In Depth.
- Testing for whole numbers and decimals
- Using the input message box
- Sequencing and placing lists
- Creating multi-tiered lists
- Setting date and time limitations
- Limiting text length
- Locating data validation rules