Provides formula examples and demystifies some of the nearly 400 functions in Excel.
- Hi, I'm Dennis Taylor, and I'm pleased to present Excel 2010: Advanced Formulas and Functions. For many Excel users, the central focus of what they do is writing formulas and functions. If you really want to take advantage of Excel's power, you need exposure to its many functions. Nobody needs to know them all, of course, but just mastering the intricacies of such vital functions as if and vlookup, as well as the related match and index functions, gives you enormous control over your data and opens the door to creative data analysis and manipulation.
I'll start off by showing you some great shortcuts for building formulas and functions, numerous variations on the aforementioned if and lookup functions, vital statistical and math functions, and some date functions that could prove to be indispensable. I'll show you how text functions can help you clean up flawed data, how powerful array formulas and functions give you even more analytical possibilities, and I'll show you how to use functions in combination with one another to achieve even greater power.
To become a proficient and more confident Excel user, you need to know more about formulas and functions. This course is filled with tons of techniques and tools to help you reach those objectives. Welcome to Excel 2010: Advanced Formulas and Functions.
- Referencing, copying, updating, and converting formulas
- Using the logical functions and creating compound logic tests
- Searching for and matching data based on specific criteria
- Reconfiguring cell data using text functions
- Calculating dates, times, and days of the week
- Analyzing mathematical and financial data
- Using the power functions, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, and AVERAGEIFS
- Working with rounding functions
- Returning cell references
Skill Level Advanced
1. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
2. Formula and Function Tools
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Power Functions
6. Statistical Functions
7. Date Functions
8. Math Functions
9. Array Formulas and Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Financial Functions
12. Information Functions
13. Reference Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.