Explore techniques for analyzing a series of business scenarios using the flexible and powerful capabilities built into Excel.
- [Curt] Hi, I'm Curt Frye. Welcome to the course. In this course, I will show you how to analyze past data and project into the future. I will provide an overview of scenario analysis and explore the link between scenarios and the storytelling. Next I'll show you how to manage scenarios in Excel using static values, using percentages of base values, and by showing and hiding details as required.
After that, I'll show you how to summarize data using the Normal Distribution, indicate the probability of a scenario occurring and estimate values given limited information using the triangular distribution. Finally, I'll show you how to analyze retrospective data by creating pivot tables, focusing on specific data, and recalling pivot table positions using macros. In short, I think you'll find that the material in this course will be well worth your time.
Dive right in.
- Designing a scenario-planning exercise
- Estimating scenario plausibility and outcomes
- Establishing parameter value ranges
- Calculating the standard deviation of a dataset
- Indicating the probability of a scenario value occurring
- Walking through a scenario presentation
- Performing retrospective analysis using a PivotTable
- Changing PivotTable summary operations