Master Excel's financial functions. Find out how to calculate loan payments, depreciation, rate of return, and more, in Excel 2013.
- [Curt] Hi, I'm Curt Frye. Welcome to Excel 2013: Financial Functions in Depth. In this course, I will show you how to use all the financial functions in Excel 2013 to analyze your data. To start, I'll show you how to calculate a loan payment, calculate interest paid during a specific period, and calculate the number of periods in an investment. Next I'll tackle depreciation, showing you how to calculate it using the Straight Line and Declining Balance methods, plus many more. I'll then move on to analyzing cashflows by calculating the Future Value, Present Value, and Internal Rate of Return of your investments.
Next, I'll show you how to analyze coupon bonds, discounted securities, and treasury bills. Finally, I'll show you how to analyze bonds with unusual payment schedules. Whether you use Excel to analyze your personal finances or to examine a business investment, you'll find the information you need in this course. In short, I'm sure you'll find that your time with Excel 2013: Financial Functions in Depth will be time well spent. Dive right in.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Calculating depreciation
- Determining values and rates of return
- Calculating bond coupon dates and security durations
- Calculating security prices and yields
- Calculating prices and yields of securities with odd periods
- Analyzing simulation results
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Analyzing Simulation Results
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.